The idiot box as they call it for television is a source of entertainment or infotainment. You decide on the programmes to view that would enrich your life. There are good documentaries on the UK TV channels that would help you improve yourself. I am providing you the website link that will help you the program details which will enable you record the series link on your set top box or watch it on demand online.
- Grand Designs on Channel 4 : Presented by designer and writer Kevin McCloud, each programme follows a different set of people who set out to pursue their vision and build their own dream house. Click here for more details
- The Home Show on Channel 4: Your house can be an investment, but first and foremost it is ahome. Architect George Clarke helps home owners make the most of what they’ve got and fall back in love where you live. Click here for more details.
- Food Hospital on Channel 4: The Food Hospital examines the science behind using food in medicine, tackling patients’ health problems through the food they eat. Click here to know more
- Dragon’s Den on BBC: Budding entrepreneurs get three minutes to pitch their business ideas to five multi-millionaires who are willing to invest their own cash to kick start the business. After the pitch the Dragons have the opportunity to ask questions about the venture. The entrepreneurs don’t always have to answer, but of course what they choose not to address could very well affect the outcome. The pitch is over when each of the Dragons has declared,`I’m out.’ Evan Davis presents it. Click here for more details
- Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan on NatGeo: Episodes of “Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan” featured guests’ problem dogs, introduced through documentary-style footage and an interview with the owners. Millan offered suggestions on how the owners could become their pet’s “pack leader,” consistent with the theory that dogs are pack animals. He used behavior modification techniques and the philosophy that exercise, discipline, and affection are required “inc that order” for dogs to be healthy and balanced. There is a lot you can learn from Cesar Millan’s consulting skills and apply in your consulting life. Click here to find out more
The first three TV programs are ideas on how to benchmark yourselves in improving your quality of life. And the next two are knowing the expectations of your customers and applying the principles in your business life. I hope the above tip would help you in improving your life.